Teyana Taylor Becomes Belle of The Ballroom in New 'WTP' Video


The first time I heard "WTP" from Teyana Taylor's latest album K.T.S.E., I leaned back, smiled and thought to myself "this bitch has been hanging with the kids." And judging from her latest visual, I was dead on.

The video features figures from the current ballroom scene as well as Teyana's fictional House of Petunia. Big Freedia and Lena Waithe drop by to make a hilarious cameos, along with late, great ballroom legends Octavia St. Laurent and Venus Xtravaganza, courtesy of audio clips taken from the classic documentary Paris is Burning. The eight and a half minute clip is both escapist fantasy and low key history lesson all rolled up in one, with Teyana at the center as a modern-day scullery maid turned slaying Cinderella. Though I doubt Disney would have let the line "You know I can work my pussy!" stay in their script.

Tens across the board. Watch the "WTP" video below.

Comments