B. Slade Gets Grimy on Latest Single "Nothing To See Here"


What can't B. Slade do? The versatile singer's prolific output--seriously, dude has put out 30 albums in 12 years--has channeled everything from soulful R&B to hard rock to finger-snapping jazz.

On his latest single, "Nothing To See Here," Slade sets his considerable musical chops on trap. "Flip my format/I got my joy back/I got my swagger back," he raps, riding the beat like a fourth member of Migos one minute before flipping the track into a classic house interlude, complete with soaring, stacked harmonies, the next.

Lyrically "Nothing To See Here" is equal parts petty and profound, shading haters while tackling timely political topics like voter suppression efforts in Georgia, climate change and the current administration.

Get a taste below.

Comments