'Yass Bitch Yasss'



*FYI* It's come to my attention that the source for this post, TheNewsNerd.com, a satirical website a la The Onion. Nevertheless, my basic point stands--and wouldn't put this past Soulja Boy.

Ugh, dear god what kind of fuckery is this? Soulja Boy, he of mid-to-late '00s "Superman" and "She Got A Donk" fame has decided to it's time get those rainbow dollars, announcing plans to release "Yass Bitch Yasss' a single designed to appeal to the gay club.

“Everyone needs good music. Even though I am not gay, I don’t mind making music for anyone who wants to listen to it. That Fly Young Red track blew up — and I am trying to get this money by any means necessary. If that means I have to say a few yass bitch yasss’s, then that is exactly what I am going to do. Some people will probably be hatin’, but they can’t hate on how my money stacks.”

At least he's being honest. Look I've already offered my thoughts about what looks to be a trend of rap artists creating ratchet club tracks for the gays, so I'll be quick: it's great that we're being considered as a viable market for music in a way that would've been unthinkable 20, 15 or even 10 years ago. But musically this shit is garbage. We deserve much better, and I'm beseeching the gods that Tim'm West, Le1f,  Kaoz, and Frank Ocean churn out some fire tracks and/or remixes so we can our lives to something a wee more creative.

Listen to a preview of this mess below.


Comments