B.Scott Responds To BET's Discriminatory E-Mails Being Exposed



Well well well, the tea is spilling out now isn't it? Read B. Scott's full statement about BET's awful internal e-mails about his appearance and the even weaker attempt to cover them up below.

"The leaked email exchange between BET/Viacom personnel is both shocking, and hurtful. While I’m disheartened by the blatant and intentional attempt to stifle my gender identity/expression way before the day of the event, I’m also thankful that the truth is starting to surface.

This email exchange not only corroborates everything I said to be true, but it shows that BET/Viacom tried to cover-up and spin that truth with lies.

The BET Awards 106th and Park Pre-Show was recorded in front of a live audience, media personnel, etc. — many of whom can attest to my prompt arrival and utmost professionalism.

It’s a shame that a company such as BET/Viacom would rather focus energy towards slandering my reputation in an attempt to further humiliate me instead of learning from their mistakes. The time & energy spent creating a ‘spin’ could have more effectively been used to help create a more welcoming environment for LGBTQ employees."

All I can say BET better get their coins together 'cause B. Scott's got good grounds for a lawsuit. Why hire him and expect to get some banjee boy with baggy pants and his hat to the back? Being feminine/androgynous is who B. Scott is and it's what he's built his brand on. What exactly did BET expect?

See the internal BET e-mails HERE.

Comments