Big Black Bucks And Precious White Queens




Head over to Butlerway. to read my latest piece "What's Your Fantasy?" which talks about the destructive collision of sexual stereotypes and race. and my own experiences being propositioned for a lil sumthin' sumthin' about white gay men with a thing for black boys. An excerpt:

"Why the focus on “big black ****?” A simple “you’re so hot,” or “hey sexy, wanna hook up tonight?” would have sufficed. Though deep down, I knew the reason for his fascination with me and the other black men he propositioned was the same one my straight friends had encountered with some of their female conquests. It wasn’t really about us, but the fantasy we represented: the big black buck, the sexual savage or–its modern equivalent, the thug–that would come into his home, ravage his precious white body and leave him curled in a post-coital fetal position, begging for more.

 Of course, all hookups are based in part in fantasy—and depending on your hookup partner’s Photoshop skills, a harsh reality–but this struck me as less sexual fantasy and more as an unhealthy fetish. It reminded me of the time an older white man approached me and a friend at club, confessing he “had a thing for black men,” and asked if I wanted to make a trip to the bathroom with him so he could “get a little taste.” The fact we were wearing baggy jeans and fitted caps was not lost on me. Everyone has their preferences. But if we were rocking buttoned up shirts, vests, ties and slacks, would we have gotten the same reaction?"

Read the rest HERE.

Comments