Morgan Freeman Won't See '12 Years A Slave'


Oscar-winning actor and perpetual voice of God (or is that James Earl Jones?) Morgan Freeman says he will be opting out of seeing the critically acclaimed 12 Years A Slave.

“I saw a television movie that was made a few years ago about the same character [Solomon Northup]. But I don’t particularly want to see it,” he told the Daily Beast. “I don’t want my anger quotient exacerbated, you know? Things are bad enough as they are. I don’t want to keep punching myself in the face with it.”

Hmm, interesting word choice, but I guess I can see his point. Though I do plan on seeing 12 Years A Slave, between Djano Unchained, Lincoln and the slew of other upcoming movies featuring or focusing directly on slavery, I could see why some folks would need a breather. How about next year Hollywood tackles the Harlem Renaissance, MLK or the Black Panthers? 

What do you think?

Comments