Oprah Says Gay Couples May Strengthen Marriage


I suppose this will atone somewhat for allowing Tyler Perry to shack up at OWN and lay his parasitic eggs. During an episode of Super Soul Sunday, Oprah sat down with Reverend Ed Bacon and authors Mark Nepo and Elizabeth Lesser to discuss marriage equality.

Bacon, who has officiated weddings for both gay and straight couples, says gay couples, far from destroying the institution of marriage, would in fact, enrich it. "I've never had a straight couple come to me and say, 'My marriage is in trouble because of a gay couple living next door,'" Bacon said. "To the contrary, I’ve had people come to me and say, 'Because of the love between Bob and Joe, I have learned how better to love my wife or my husband.'"

Lesser agreed, saying marriage was already in trouble long before the gays wanted in, with Oprah chiming in that "Maybe gay people can help it." Watch the clip below.


Comments