Rupert Everett Says Nothing Worse Than Two Gay Dads


Actor Rupert Everett is coming under fire for comments he made in an interview for London's Sunday Times, saying "I can’t think of anything worse than being brought up by two gay dads.” Everett went on to say he agreed with his mother--who wishes he a wife and children of his own despite meeting his boyfriend--that kids "need a mother and a father."

“I’m not speaking on behalf of the gay community,” he added. “In fact, I don’t feel like I’m part of any ‘community.’ The only community I belong to is humanity and we’ve got too many children on the planet, so it’s good not to have more.”

Sigh. Remember the days when Rupert was fabulous, witty and progressive, blazing a trail by being an out gay actor and all? Chile she hasn't been the same since Madonna kicked that behind to the curb.

Comments