Frank Ocean Comes Out



Being that it's Independence Day, Frank Ocean chose an apt occasion to come out. As rumors swirled about his sexuality, the singer released a personal letter confirming that his first love was a man. After a listening party for his debut album Channel Orange, caused more speculation, Ocean took to Tumblr to address the rumors.



"4 summers ago, I met somebody [sic]," the New Orleans native wrote. "I was 19 years old. He was too... Sleep I would often share with him. By the time I realized I was in love, it was malignant. It was hopeless... It was my first love, It changed my life."


He went on to describe how he shared his feelings with the male love interest, inside the same Nissan Maxima he drove to L.A. in to follow his dreams. However, the sentiments at the time weren't reciprocated.


"I sat there and told my friend how I felt," the Odd Future affiliate admitted. "I wept as the words left my mouth... He patted my back. He said kind things. He did his best, but he wouldn't admit the same... He wouldn't tell me the truth about his feelings for me for another 3 years."



Odd Future frontman Tyler, the Creator and member Earl Sweatshirt both offered support for their brethren. "My Big Brother Finally Fucking Did That. Anyway. Im A Toilet." he posted light-heartedly to Twitter. "Proud Of That N---- Cause I Know That Shit Is Difficult Or Whatever." Sweatshirt tweeted, "Proud of frank."'

Good for Frank Ocean for coming out and being honest. Now if Miguel would peek out behind those snatched eyebrows....I kid, I kid. Or do I?

Read the rest HERE.


Comments