WATCH: Tennessee Deacons Attack Gay Couple

I guess the leaders at this church follow the "hate the sinner, kick his ass" doctrine. Jerry Pittman Jr. and his partner were assaulted by church deacons when they tried to attend a service at Grace Fellowship, pastored by his father. Yes, Pittman and his boyfriend were assaulted at his father's own church. What makes it even worse is the pastor ordered the attack on his own son.

"I went over to take the keys out of the ignition and all the sudden I hear someone say 'sick'em,'" said Gibson County resident, Jerry Pittman Jr.


Pittman said the attacked was prompted by the pastor of the church, Jerry Pittman, his father.


"My uncle and two other deacons came over to the car per my dad's request. My uncle smash me in the door as the other deacon knocked my boyfriend back so he couldn't help me, punching him in his face and his chest. The other deacon came and hit me through my car window in my back," said Pittman. He said bystanders did not offer assistance. He said the deacon yelled derogatory homosexual slurs, even after officers arrived. He said the officers never intervened to stop the deacons from yelling the slurs.


"If I was on the scene I would not have allowed that. The deputy should not have allowed it if he did," said Gibson County Sheriff Chuck Arnold.


Pittman said neither he nor Lee were allowed to press charges while at the church.


"I haven't talk to him but that would be out of character for my deputy to say unless they were causing a problem themselves," said Sheriff Arnold.

Watch a report about the assault HERE.

Comments