Black Caucus Chairman Calls Debt Deal "A Sugar Coated Satan Sandwich"


I think I've just gotten a new catchphrase. Congressional Black Caucus Chairman Emanuel Cleaver didn't hold his tongue when talking about the debt ceiling deal between the White House, House Republicans and Senate Democrats.

"This deal is a sugar-coated satan sandwich."



"If you lift the bun, you will not like what you see," the congressman told MSNBC’s Chris Jansing. "What you see is antithetical to everything the great religions of the world teach. Which is take care of the poor, take of the aged."


While I'm not the most politically astute person, I must say that I concur with Rep. Cleaver. I understand that it's necessary to make tough decisions in our current economy, but why all the cuts to programs and not even a hope of tax increases? I mean would raising taxes for the rich (I'm talking about folks who rake in millions and millions of dollars) really be the Armageddon that the Republicans continue to claim it is, even after three decades of trickle down economics? I'm gonna go with no. Watch the MSNBC clip with Cleaver below, and read Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugan's editiorial on the bill HERE.


Comments

I hope all those folks that gave into the republican fear mongering during mid elections are happy. I hope they are happy that they got more tea partiers in. I also hope that on the democratic side people are happy to see just how they allowed them to walk right in and act a fool time and time again....2012 will surely be a time of miracles for sure.