Share My World....


I was inspired by this over at Toddy English's blog (who in turn was inspired by fellow blogger Wonderman) and figured I'd fill ya'll in on what's been going on with me.

1) I got a raise at my job! Well my full-time gig that is (I still work part-time at another place on the weekends). Granted it wasn't a huge jump in pay, but every bit helps when gas is almost four dollars.

2) I plan to start working out again soon. When I was in college I went to gym three times a week and packed quite a bit of lean muscle (I was actually underweight as a freshman), and indulged in protein shakes and the like. Joining a gym might not be option--gas is almost four dollars after all--so I'll probably buy a P90X workout DVD and call it a day. I'll probably skip the protein shakes as well, to save money and since my metabolism has slowed a bit now:).

3) Over the next few weeks I'm going to buy a drum machine, get my guitar out of the pawn shop, get a guitar amp and create some dance/pop/R&B type tracks. I'm not trying to be the next Quincy Jones or Timbaland, but it'll be fun making music. When I have about 4 or 5 finished tracks, I'll upload them on Bandcamp or Myspace.

4) For those not in the know, I also have another blog, Indies And The Underground, that profiles up and coming artists, post interviews, remixes and general music news. I'm currently in the process of merging my blog with another site called The Truth About Music. I have my own page on the site and have total creative control over what I post. Hopefully this will increase my readership and my revenue. Take a look here.

5) I've been working on two books off and on. This is actually been going on for several months, but I was afraid to mention it because I didn't want to look like I was jumping on the *speaks in snobbish upper crust accent* "I'm writing a novel"  bandwagon. One story is about a college senior named Derrick, who is out gay atheist on campus but has yet to come out to his family back home. Other characters include a trans woman named Sharise who is estranged from her family, and another gay character named Marcus who has his own issues. Basically it deals with homophobia, relationships, religion, sexuality, transphobia, family and a bunch of other touchy issues.

The other story is a fantasy-based theme set in the world of Escencia. The heroine's name is Nioma Maxwell, a former princess who runs away with other rebels after they carry out an assassination of Emmanuel, a ruthless king that turned the former paradise into a war-torn wasteland. After his death the people descend into a state of misery, superstition and fear, and out of these emotions and dire atmosphere another character, Magus Daivat, is born. He seduces the people into giving him their "essence(i.e life force, humanity) in exchange for eternal life. The people unwittingly become his slaves and the world is transformed into a place  where choice and free will are mere illusions. However in sucking humanity dry Daivat unknowingly creates a counterpart named Kidara, who is full of all the sensuality, intellectual curiosity, rebellion and creativity that Daivat seeks to stamp out.  Nioma and the other defectors, known as The Omega Squad,  believe she is the key to overthrowing him. It tackles some of the same subjects as the other story-in-progress--religion, sexuality, gender,politics--but does it in more subversive fashion. I may post an excerpt or two from each, just so I can get some feedback.

Anywho, that's what's going on in my little fish tank right now. And five points to whoever can guess where the post title comes from (it's too easy lol:).

Comments