Lil B Receives Death Threats For "I'm Gay" Album Title

I'll be honest. I'm not exactly up on Lil' B's music. I've heard a song here and there--"Pretty Bitch" for example--but that's about the extent of it. But I have to admit he does have heart (and nuts) after announcing at the Coachella festival that his next album would be called I'm Gay. Since then the news has exploded over hip hop blogs and website, with rappers from Killer Mike to Talib Kweli giving their thoughts. Now the rapper says that he's been receiving death threats for his bold album title.

"People been hitting me up like, 'I'm gonna bash your head in,' 'you f----t,' 'I'm gonna kill you,' " Lil B told MTV News. Despite the Twitter-fueled backlash, Lil B, who insists he's straight, remains undaunted and claims he is supportive of the LGBT community. "I'm not gonna stop and I'm not scared of anybody on earth, he said. "I'm very gay, but I love women. I'm not attracted to men in any way. I've never been attracted to a man in my life. But yes I am gay, I'm so happy. "I'm a gay, heterosexual male. I got major love for the gay and lesbian community, and I just want to push less separation and that's why I'm doing it."

So do you think Lil'B is an ally or an opportunist? Listen to the clip of him defending I'm Gay and discuss.


Comments