Mollie, I'm On Ganga Girl!



If you recall my "O Ms. Celie" post a few months back, then you are already well aware that Whoopi isn't adverse to popping a pill (or two) when faced with a nerve-wracking situation such as flying. It turns out being nominated for an Oscar is also a panic-inducing event for Whoopi. Enough so that she needed to spark up before accepting the award for Best Supporting Actress in Ghost. A career highlight in more ways than one. According to CNN.com:

"Smoking cigarettes and pot every now and then are my habits. And so I thought, I've got to relax. So I smoked this wonderful joint that was the last of my home grown," she says in the video.

In fact, Goldberg was so high that she was worried about making it to the podium when presenter Denzel Washington announced that she had won an Oscar for Ghost.

"When he said my name and I popped up, I thought, Oh f-! ...OK, up the stairs ... around to the podium … there's millions of people, pick up the statue, get the statue," she says in the clip.

Goldberg's mother later called and asked if she had smoked prior to the event. "Your eyes were just glistening," she told her daughter.

Mama knows child! You can watch Whoopi talk about her Oscar night misadventures in a 1992 recording session clip obtained by TMZ here.

Comments

Prince Todd said…
You so wrong for this title! LMAO!