Born To Express Yourself


With the all the controversy raging over the similarities between Lady Gaga's new single "Born This Way" and Madonna's 1989 classic "Express Yourself," it was only a matter of time before someone decided to mash up the two tracks together in a mix. After sifting through a few crappy ones, I found a good one on YouTube (or at least the best so far).

For the record I do think the songs sound alike to a degree, but I don't think Gaga ripped Madge off and "Born This Way" is a good slab of dance pop. But I didn't experience the seismic sonic slap that "Express Yourself"  gave me the first time I heard it. Maybe all the hype led to the letdown. Who knows? But it's great that radio stations will be playing the words "gay, les, bi and transgendered" for months to come.

On another note, I'm sure Madonna is somewhere laughing her head off at all the critics who say she's irrelevant when a song and video she did almost a quarter century ago are still memorable in people's minds.

Anywho, listen to mix below:



Comments

Prince Todd said…
Admittedly, the more I listen to "Born this way" the more I love it, mainly because of the title. Its like an anthem.