The Eddie Long Saga Continues...



Tidbits from the Eddie Long case keep dropping from the sky like manna from the heavens. ABC News obtained photos from attorney BJ Bernstein, both of which show the pastor posing in Lyrca muscle shirts in two separate bathrooms. These photos, allegedly sent to young men in his congregation, were sent via e-mail in November 2008 and signed ""Eddie L Long, Amazed by His Grace."

In a statement released today and read on The Tom Joyner Morning Show, Long denied the charges and said he was hurt by the allegations, according to CNN.com.

"Let me be clear: The charges against me and New Birth are false," the statement said. "I have devoted my life to helping others and these false allegations hurt me deeply, but my faith is strong and the truth will emerge."
Long asked for patience "as we continue to categorically deny each and every one of these ugly charges" and requested prayers for himself, his family and the church. He said he will respond to his congregation from the pulpit on Sunday."

Yes, stay in the ivory church tower, safely surrounded by sycophants and all your adoring sheep (but to be fair I guess he does owe them some sort of an explanation. After all, they are indirectly paying for the cars, the house, the jewelry...). I don't even think Aaron McGruder could dream up some of this stuff. Watch the ABC news segment below:

Comments