R.I.P. Aaliayh


It's hard to believe it's been 8 years since Aaliyah died. I can still remember waking up on that Sunday morning, turning on MTV and watching in disbelief as the vj explained she had died in a plane crash and celebrities shared memories of the singer. There is not one Aaliyah song that I did not like. And all of them, some of which are 15 years old, still sound fresh. Although she didn't have a booming voice, Aaliyah carved out her own signature sound, style and persona. There's still no one in R&B quite like her.

Rest in peace Aaliyah.






















Comments

Anonymous said…
I can't believe it's 8 years already. Such a loss.
Prince Todd said…
I still miss her. It was just cruel the way it happened. Right when she was really taking off in her career.
Aaliyah is still a superstar to me no matter what.