I Can't Believe It.....


Michael Jackson has died. I can' believe I just typed that sentence. After suffering a heart attack at his Los Angeles home, Michael was rushed to the hospital. When paramedics arrived, he was not breathing.

This is so tragic. Say what you want about Michael, whatever his eccentricities or quirks (and I hope with everything in me that he never touched a child) he was, and will always be known as one of the greatest pop artists of all time. Period. Without his dancing, visual style and music, there would be no Ne-Yo, Chris Brown, Usher, Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Ginuwine, Bobby Brown, Janet, and hell maybe not even a Madonna, who was also inspired by the King of Pop in the early days of her career. Virtually every major artist of our generation has been influenced by this man in some form or fashion.

Michael changed the face of pop culture and the music industry. In the late 70s/early 80s rock and new wave pretty dominated the charts and early MTV. With Thriller Michael broke records, made history, shitfted the focus to dance/pop and R&B (where it's pretty much stayed to this day) and proved black artists could be just as successful and mainstream as any white artist.

We all know that death is a part of life. As humans we are not an exception. But you always think your favorite artists will just go on forever, living and inspiring others and whose work is waiting to be discovered by a new generation. This goes beyond music however. Whether that person is your grandma, your parents, your best friend, you seem to think that they're somehow immune to the laws of nature. I know I'm rambling at this point, cause I'm still in shock.

R.I.P Michael Jackson, THE KING OF POP. Get into these clips below:























Comments