The World Just Got A Little Less Funny...


Bea Arthur, better known as Maude or Dorothy Zbornak on The Golden Girls, perhaps one of the greatest TV shows ever, has died. She was 86.

"Dan Watt, a spokesman for Arthur's family, told the Associated Press that the star had been suffering with cancer, though he did not specify what kind. She died peacefully at her Los Angeles home with her family by her side, said Watt, who remembered Arthur as "a brilliant and witty woman."

Of her powerful stage and TV persona, which often found her cast in the same sort of role, Arthur once said, "Look – I'm 5-feet-9, I have a deep voice and I have a way with a line. What can I do about it? I can't stay home waiting for something different. I think it's a total waste of energy worrying about typecasting."

In case you don't know how talented this woman was, get into the clip below:

























Rest in peace Bea.

Comments