And The Negro Please Award Goes To....



Martellus Bennett!

So how did Martellus when this prestigous award? Well it seems Mr. Bennett wanted to show his freestyle skills off in what else? A Youtube video! Wearing an official autographed Dallas Cowboys and flashing a bottle of alcohol, the pro football player spouted off an endless round of N-words, a parade of profanities, degrading jokes about blacks and getting team owner Jerry Jones' "money." But of course he couldn't leave out the gays, and came up with this compelling lyrical line:

"Never been broke, I ain't never been a homo."

Oh Martellus, you're so talented. I bet it took the whole bottle to up with that! Such creativity!

The video was removed from Youtube soon afterwards, and Bennett was fined $22,000 by the Dallas Cowboys. Bennett then responded to controversy in what else? A rap video! Here's a sample of the 'apology' lyrics, via Outsports.com:

Why they hatin on me, it was just a song/I was only rappin, I didn’t do nothin’ wrong/But the media, they tried to do me wrong/But it’s OK y’all, ‘cause it’s still on

Wasn’t using guns, it was all in fun/I mean come on dog, it was just a song/The one crazy verse, it could have been worse/I mean I did curse, but I didn’t see a hearse/Even stars burst
I mean, I’m 21, which is no excuse/It did make the news, but the way they spoke/Man it wasn’t true/Now they talkin bad about my attitude

Uggh. Non-apologies, excuse my french, f*cking suck. If you're going to make offensive statements like those and not give a sincere apology at least be man or woman enough to stand by what you said. Non-apologies basically say: I'm sorry you were offended by what I said, but I'm not sorry for saying it and you just took it wrong. He probably didn't mean to offend anyone, but c'mon Martellus. You gotta be or get smarter than that. View the 'apology' below:



Comments